Easy & affordable tuxedo rentals
A Tuxedo for every occasion
With our local inventory we cut the costs of big chains, offer on the spot size adjustments and special order suit sales
Couples should make an appointment at our Michigan Street showroom for personalized sizing and selection assistance
Although appointments are required for wedding couples, there is no need for an appointment if you’re solo or standing up in someone else’s wedding, just stop in anytime to get fitted
The tux department is open weekdays from 9am-6pm, and weekends from 1pm – 4pm by appointment only
Ready to set up an appointment now? Fill out our appointment request form, register your wedding, and we’ll go from there!
Out of town?
We’ve got your back. Just go to a local tux shop/tailor OR measure yourself at home
Already know your measurements?
“afendoulis helped me out when I was in a terrible pinch”
“Macy’s botched a tux rental for my brother’s wedding, and the kind people at Afendoulis were there to help me out. They even let me drop it off at the hotel concierge rather than have to take it back to the store. Great shop, lotta history in GR, highly recommend.”
– Joe R.
Miscellaneous helpful information
- Contact your bridal party with date of wedding and Afendoulis Location you are working with.
- Make sure that any large men who require special order sizes are aware they may be charged more than other groomsmen. They should come in as early as possible for their fitting, preferably to our Michigan Street location.
- Stress to your wedding party that they need to try on their tux at pick up, so we can assure a perfect fit.
- Plan on 2 day prior Pickups for Tuxes, especially if you are using one of our branch stores.
- Send out measurement forms to out of town guys, or tell them to download the form from our website.
- Give your local wedding party members one month prior deadline date to get fitted by.
- Please understand that if someone in your wedding party damages a tux, or fails to return the tux, we will contact you to aid us in the return or payment on the tuxedo if they fail to cooperate.
Out of town
If your Wedding Service is not in Grand Rapids, make sure your out of town groomsmen go to a reputable tux shop in their home town for their fitting. We will follow the sent in measurements exactly as written.
Just in case there are problems for local weddings:
In the rare event that some tuxes can’t be tried on here, our phone number is on the bottom of the tux order slip. If you have any problems and need to call in a changed size, please have that slip on hand. The order slip gives us pertinent information that helps us help you! You must call our Michigan St. store 459-9169 to discuss.
Another Good Tip!
If your wedding is NOT in GR, and tuxes were not tried on, elect a friend of family member to be the Grand Rapids contact for any last minute changes. They would be designated to pick the item up from our Michigan Street warehouse / store, and bring it to the wedding. Our warehouse opens 9 am on Saturdays.
Picking up your tuxes
Please take advantage of the early pick up times offered to wedding parties. Plan on Wednesday pickup (for Friday weddings) or Thursday pick up (for Saturday weddings). If this isn’t possible, we recommend morning pickups (between 9am and noon) the day before the wedding.
This is especially important when using one of our branch stores. It allows an extra day for any major fit adjustments to be sent over from our Michigan Street warehouse. A return trip may be necessary when major alterations are required to get a perfect fit.
If a customer waits until the last minute to pickup his tux at a branch store, he may have to drive to our Michigan Street warehouse to get any changes that can’t be altered on site. This is why we recommend the early pick up whenever possible, and why we can’t guarantee one trip for final fitting.